Facebook: Sources Likely in Russia Bought Ads During US Campaign
Facebook says an operation likely based in Russia spent $100,000 to buy advertisements promoting political and social issues in the United States.
The company said about 3,000 ads were bought by people operating nearly 500 fake Facebook accounts. The ads ran between June 2015 and May 2017, within the period of the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign.
In a blog post, Facebook Chief Security Officer Alex Stamos said most of the ads did not specifically name the U.S. election or any candidates. Rather, they appeared aimed at "amplifying divisive social and political messages" on a range of major issues. These included LGBT rights, race relations and gun control.
A Facebook investigation found the fake accounts were related to each other and "likely operated out of Russia." The company said it does not allow "inauthentic" accounts and all were removed.
Facebook also said it had identified another 2,200 ads bought for about $50,000 that "might have originated in Russia." These included ads bought by accounts with IP addresses in the U.S. that were set to the Russian language.
Facebook said the behavior shown in the ad buys is similar to methods used by what it calls "false amplifiers" who operated during the 2016 campaign. Methods included the posting of fake stories on social media to misinform and confuse the public.
Earlier this year, Facebook announced several new policies intended to prevent users from spreading misinformation and fake news.
The company said it is continuing to investigate possible ways Russian sources may have used its service as a way to influence the 2016 election. It added that it is cooperating with a federal investigation into the issue led by special counsel Robert Mueller.
Mueller's investigation is also looking into any possible contacts between then-candidate Donald Trump's presidential campaign team and Russian officials.
I'm Bryan Lynn.
- 中考优乐娱乐官网下截：初中优乐娱乐官网下截优乐娱乐官网教材中考优乐娱乐官网下截真题中考作文 中考优乐娱乐官网下截阅读 中考优乐娱乐官网下截语法中考数学中考语文中考物理中考化学中考词汇背诵中考作文批改
- 考研频道：考研动态考研经验考研优乐娱乐官网下截阅读考研写作考研翻译考研优乐娱乐官网下截真题考研政治考研数学 考研专业课真题考研作文批改考研词汇背诵
- 在线广播：VOA慢速VOA常速BBC广播CNN广播CRI广播NPR广播科学美国人ABC 新闻AP news PBS高端访谈 NBC晚间新闻
- 双语阅读：图文阅读时尚双语双语资讯故事散文名著小说 海外文化原著下载
- 优乐娱乐官网下截四级：四级资讯四级阅读四级词汇四级语法四级写作四级翻译完型填空四级优乐娱乐官网 四级题库资料下载四级优乐娱乐官网训练单词背诵
- 优乐娱乐官网下截优乐娱乐开户：优乐娱乐开户资讯优乐娱乐开户词汇优乐娱乐开户阅读 优乐娱乐开户写作优乐娱乐开户试题优乐娱乐开户翻译优乐娱乐开户优乐娱乐官网优乐娱乐开户改错优乐娱乐开户下载优乐娱乐开户优乐娱乐官网训练优乐娱乐开户单词背诵
- 口译笔译：学习课程学习经验上海中级口译上海高级口译Catti MTI翻译硕士 精选翻译素材口译资料下载在线翻译
- 托福考试：托福动态托福词汇托福语法托福备考经验托福机经托福预测托福优乐娱乐官网托福口语 托福写作托福阅读托福词汇背诵托福作文批改
- AP news
您现在的位置： 首页 > 在线广播 > VOA慢速优乐娱乐官网下截 > VOA慢速-时事新闻 > 正文
adj. 故意的，有意的；打算中的 n. 已订婚者 v.
adj. 被识别的；经鉴定的；被认同者 v. 鉴定（id
vi. & vt
|共 1586 期 查看所有内容||去掉右侧勾选即可取消连续播放 连播|